Peaknit

Friday, March 14, 2014

Enough



My word this year is enough. I have enough. 2013 was about figuring out where I want to be. As I have mentioned, my career path took a u-turn, literally. From one position to another and back again. Well, that said, I am grateful to be back where I belong. I am relieved it worked out, as things rarely do in bureacracy. I have realized I have enough in my career cup. It has been a great first week back. My welcome has been so warm, as was my farewell from my short term position - wow, if that doesn't boost self-esteem, shucks. I am appreciated, and I dig that a lot. ;)

I am grateful that I have enough in my personal life as well. I am lucky to have a fantastic husband and kids. While sometimes I want to scream because could everyone please just pick up their socks? But, overall, they are pretty excellent people and we do okay, just us. I am also lucky to have some family I can count on. In terms of those relationships, my husband and I often puzzle over things beyond our control, and we have decided to try to be done with that. Just deciding to not dwell, or work harder than anyone else has made us feel relief.

I have also learned over the past decade the importance of female friendships. I have a nice ecclectic group of girlfriends, near and far, that I am lucky to have. Growing up a tomboy, I was late to the table - but have been blessed to find some amazing women who all have something different to teach me. I have a movie friend, a reading friend, knitting friends, a bitching friend, a pick up where you left off friend...life is good.

And I have enough hobbies to keep me busy forever. Wow - I have a lot to be grateful for and sometimes, I need reminding. 2014 has been about remembering what gifts I have rather than wishing for what I don't - and I feel very calm. Now, truth be told, I will have zany moments - but for now...enough.

So, I have also been crafting in between being grateful. I offered to make a prize for the Plucky Knitter group for ravellenics. I sewed a knit project bag using Noodlehead's tutorial for the open-wide zipper bag. I used a quilt as you go technique to add some body, and I really am pleased with how it came out. And I want to share it as part of Sewjo Saturday -



The recipient was so gracious, again - hello, big confidence booster. I am my own worst critic - but whoa, she loves it and wrote that she got some compliments at a knit store on it - bonus.

I am also knitting away on the last section of a Rayures - it is never ending. And have some socks also almost there, oh, and a quilt to quilt and bind...Wowza, I have enough to do indeed. Take care, knitters!



Shimmer in Blue in squooshy Malabrigo on my little sillypants.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

All of this sounds awesome. My husband did a career u-turn last year, for a while he felt frustrated that he ever tried the new job. It made him very appreciative of the job he went back to though. My word is smile, like yours mine helps me to remember to be content.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the bag you made.

And I'm glad you're in a good place.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Go-Go Kim said...

Great post! I wish people here would pick up socks too! The pouch is adorable! Thank you so much for linking up to SEWjo Saturday!!!!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I'm so glad things went smoothly with the job change-back. And here's to a completely UNEVENTFUL rest-of-the-year full of simple pleasures, family, and good friends!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home