Peaknit

Monday, August 13, 2012

Stitches Midwest round up

I met up with Christine and Carolyn in Chicago Saturday at the Plucky Knitter booth at Stitches Midwest. My GPS imaginary girlfriend told me 106 miles, and I was on the road.

Anyways, I met them in the conference center as Christine was working the Plucky Knitter Booth. Carolyn put together everything for us, the hotel, dinner and breakfast, etc. She lives outside of Chicago and can navigate the City like she owns the place - I am always impressed by this. I am sure my country mouse-ness so shows in the big city.

IMG_0489
Loot!

I felt like I got to be a bit of an insider, loitering around the Plucky booth. I was able to see Sarah again and meet her husband, as well as her sister Hayley, and her husband as well. We then met up with the whole group for dinner at Shaw's - a fabulous seafood place where we were treated super excellent by Carolyn's sister. It was great to see all of the hard working knitters decompress.

It was also a serious treat to meet Melissa (melistocrat rav) from Virginia and Leisl (browncurls rav) from Michigan. It is special to meet people in real life that I have admired and "friended" over at Rav and even better when they are as talented and nice as these two.

I have to confess I mostly just lingered around Plucky every minute possible. The mood is so upbeat and fast paced. And the booth was gorge.ous.

IMG_0488

And last - this just made good sense...

Untitled
Outisde of the Southport Grocery and Cafe near Wrigley Field - quite possibly worth the incredibly long wait and sitting at a two person table with three people.





2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

It was so much fun! Somehow we always manage to cram a ton of fun into 36 hours!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oh, sounds like great fun! I love the grilled brie/mushroom sandwiches at Southport Grocery & Cafe -- that's right in my old neighborhood.

We traded states for the weekend -- I was up in Milwaukee/Wauwatosa to visit family.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home