Peaknit

Friday, August 10, 2012

Bitten by the sewing bug?

Or just avoiding what I meant to be my Olympic knitting project? I think my answer could go either way.

I finished another bag, I think I really like this one for myself. I used a lighter interface, and I am just not sure. I don't sew enough to know all those interfacing nuances. I like the little pockets. I may have a gray/ yellow bug right now.

IMG_0469

I rarely use bags I make, so nonetheless I had to make a matchy kindle case following this tutorial over at One Shabby Chick. I don't carry my kindle around all that much, so a single batt layer on each side worked well. If I were making one for my IPad, I'd probably go with much more batt, because I don't want to hurt my boyfriend...

IMG_0465

I did also knit a little, but such a nice little tv knit. Happily Ever After mitts by Susan B. Anderson, it was a freebie. I was involved in a mini skein swap, swapping little skeins of precious Plucky. It was a perfect pile to grab from. My husband thinks the single hot pink stripe in the middle was very 80's. He said this with his nose scrunched. But the colorway is Wake me Up Before You GO GO so it seems it got the intended reaction, good work Plucky. I think these will be fun to bomb around in, or use at the office when I am typing, so people can come by and go "omg, like, could you knit me some?" in a totally rad 80's valley girl voice. And I just might. If they are like, bitchin. gah.

IMG_0476

It is rather tricky to take a picture of your own hand - but you can see that bright middle offender...I think I love it.

I am very psyched to be heading to Stitches Midwest tomorrow to meet up with Christine and Carolyn, my long distance knit buds. Christine is helping at Plucky's booth, so be sure to say hello, she is a dear. I expect the booth to be ransacked by the time I roll in but my fingers are crossed for some yellow...and gray...I sense a theme. I prolly need striped mitts to match the bag I won't carry and the kindle case the will hide in my purse. Yup.

IMG_0478

7 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I love the bag and kindle case you sewed! Grey and yellow are a really pretty color combination; one of my favorites! I was just at stitches today and had a blast, I bet you will too!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

Wow, I'm jealous of your productivity! Great looking projects, don't know which one I like best. Have fun at Stitches!

7:31 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Yeah I am LOVING that hot pink strip in your mitt! Nice job!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Say "Hi" to Christine for me. We are fellow knitters who work at the same University. I love the bags you've made. I have several knitting projects in progress, but I think I see some bag sewing in my future. Thanks for the ideas. I think a couple of these would make good Christmas presents. Susan

1:07 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

The bag is absolutely gorgeous!!! Pretty sure I let out an audible gasp when the photo loaded.(and I'm not usually a big fan of yellow.)

1:08 PM  
Anonymous kate said...

I really like your striped mitts! Bright pops of color like that are a favorite of mine.

5:55 PM  
Blogger monica said...

The bag is gorgeous! I love the fabrics you used.

And like those fingerless gloves are like totally so cool!!

I fell off the Plucky wagon at Stitches Midwest this weekend. It was not pretty.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home