Peaknit

Sunday, July 22, 2012

pluckylicious

IMG_0442

A little pile of Plucky Knitter goodness. I was involved in a couple of mini-skein swaps, and here is the first batch. I find these teeny little bits fun - I made some striped socks with my last installment, and kind of think these cool little chevron mitts could be a fun project for some of these.

I other news, I have been in a flurry of planning. We are going to Walt disney World this fall - which I swear to God, may very well be my favorite place on earth. It sounds so cliche. I have the fondest memories there. I have a pile of books to help plan. Our reservations are made, right down to the restaurants we will eat at each day and I have been listening to podcasts for more information - the Disney Foodblog Podcast and Be Our Guest (there is even a handy app for that) are my favorites. I listen when I walk at lunch (when it is not 100 degrees out...). It has been a fun way to get excited and to get some clever tips and tricks. My co-workers just shake their heads at me when I get back to my desk and pull out my "Disney notebook" to write down my latest discovery. I am geek. of. the week. Luckily, I am good with that. I will be having a Dole Whip in October and they won't.

Lastly - I love to share a good book - Heading Out to Wonderful by Robert Goolrick. He also wrote The Reliable Wife. He is such an interesting author - he has a gift with keeping it interesting, and completely unique. He has a memoir as well, I read a sample on my kindle today and it seems like it could be a winner, and shed some insight on where he may have picked up some of his twisted-ness.

book-cover-heading-out-to-wonderful

2 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

That is definitely some yarny goodness you have there!
Planning a trip is one of my favorite parts too!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Ooh, all sorts of pretty yarn! Thanks for the book recommendation -- I just placed a library hold on it.

Disney should be a ton of fun. I'll bet that half the fun actually does involve the planning and anticipating!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home