Peaknit

Sunday, July 29, 2012

here mojo, mojo, mojo...

I just know it is around here somewhere. Come, mojo...

I have pulled together some supplies for a couple of projects that have been swirling around in my noggin all weekend. My eldest daughter is in her very first community play - so it has been a weekend full of pick ups, drop offs, applause, squawking "wash your make up off", and soon a pot luck. Oh joy, says the introvert. Anyways, must be done - my bars are made, my smile practiced all day for my own performance as the well-adjusted, smiley, chatty broad I should have been.

Anyways, I have got some projects brewing. I have been working on my Nanook and making some pretty good progress - but then the Ravellinic games are upon me (actually, I am late to the party) - I need to get cast on and park myself in front of the games as much as I can. This means a project I cast on for the Olympics and hopefully finish before the torch goes out. I am, per usual, behind the 8-ball. I am thinking Pinctada.I found some Plucky Knitter Merino Lite in Sisters (a classics club color)in my stash, I love the color. It matches my new nailpolish - Fly by OPI - someone found it matched some yarn and posted it on the Plucky Knitter Ravelry "Love it? Recommend it" Board...this board is very dangerous - be careful.

IMG_0451

Next up - I really would like to sport a new purse/ tote. The 241 Tote by Noodlehead is awesome, everyone seems to be making one in blog land. Inspired mostly by this one over at p.s. I quilt, I ordered some of the same fabrics, and some very similar ones. I also like how her bag seems somehow more substantial with a heavier fusible interface. I sense an aqua theme, too bad this bag and cowl would probably not cross seasons very well :) Then I would like to make a kindle cover to match.

I should probably just start by winding my yarn...

IMG_0453

I promise not to come back until I have something actually finished to show for myself. Til then, have a wonderful week!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

You can do it!! I can't wait to see all your projects.

5:53 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Aw, Thanks Christine - I know I can count on you to cheer me on:)

5:54 PM  
Blogger mle said...

It's a lot of fun to have projects swirling in your head but very frustrating when the obligations in life prevent you from getting them all done! Those look like fun projects, I can vouch for the 241 Tote!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love that nail polish and it does match the yarn so well! Good luck with your knitting project as well as your 241 tote. Those fabrics look like they will make a really nice tote.

8:25 PM  
Blogger LoriOnLTB said...

The potluck sounds like a Cub Scout Blue-and-Gold Banquet, another joyous event for introverts! ; ) (Take your knitting, and maybe it won't be so painful. Trust me!)

Love the PInctada and it would be beautiful in your Plucky stash yarn, which matches your nails, so it must be a go! Good luck in the Ravellenics.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home